Saturday 17 March 2012

2.1: Examples - "Serialize, Family faces & variety in Graphic Design" by Die Gestalten Verlag

I found a book based around the concept of "Serialisation" in commercial design. This is based around the concept of repeated and restricted variants in a series of designs, the best examples being like in the pictures shown below, Magazine company and their covers, a venue and their advertisements, even post cards or a series of t-shirts!

I thought this aspect might be useful as one of my ideas for my own typology was looking at my parents collection of theatre programme covers, going with my interest in the theatre and possible direction for my Major Project. Looking at how they have displayed their own examples of magazine art in typologies might help me if I go down this route.

"By thinking ahead you gain time for unexpected eventualities. Finding just the right mix of fixed and flexible parameters allows you to create a sequence, tell a story."
- The Remingtons






































No comments:

Post a Comment